Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Everything happens for a reason. Really.


It's not a secret that I've been job hunting for the past 6 months and while I found a temporary position at a community college an hour away, I was thrilled to have a job that I could actually make a living doing. And it was my first full time position to boot. But this meant that I had to make some big changes at my part time retail position.

Since accepting my temp position, I obviously had to cut back on my retail position. Management didn't seem to like this as I gave them a weeks notice due to the circumstances regarding the temp job, which, when going to fill in for a woman who's a few days out from her due date, I couldn't control the start date. Regardless of whether they liked the short notice or not, they were able to adjust my schedule. I gave them my new availability and informed them that it would run until early May (I also wrote this on the sheet to make it documented), which limited me to working just Saturdays due to my hours at my temp job didn't allow me any ability to work there during the week, and I needed one day off a week to get my errands and such done that I couldn't do during the week. They didn't seem keen on this, but nonetheless, accepted and moved forward with it.

As my time at my temp position winds down (Monday's my last day), I hit the job search again and hard. I decided that I can't afford to be picky with where I want to work and needed to make as much as I could before baby arrives in September. I applied to almost a dozen places and had 3 interviews: one almost 6 weeks ago (A), one two weeks ago (B), and the third a week and a half ago (C). I just heard back from A yesterday that I didn't get the job, I had a second interview with B last Monday, and I haven't heard from C since my initial interview. B asked me to come in last Friday and offered me a position to become a full time trainer, which I happily accepted. Their reason: they could really see that I was very passionate about health and fitness, something they look for in their candidates. I was beyond thrilled.

I go in tomorrow after I'm done at my temp job to complete all the paperwork and make it official. I still haven't told them I'm pregnant and I'm not sure if they've figured it out as I clearly look it at this point, but knowing that they hired me, pregnant or not, is a really good feeling. As hard as it's been for me to find a job, I believe that getting this position was meant to happen now, and not when I applied to this company back in the fall. As frustrating and worried as I've been since January, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest, at least for now. It's been a busy year for me and will continue to be busy, and even more so when our newest addition arrives in September. Things are starting to look up, and I cleared another hurdle, though I know it won't be the last.

I've always believed that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand the reason at the time. What's meant to be will happen when it's supposed to, and the wait will be worth the journey you took to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment