Monday, February 1, 2016

New Year, New You (and me)

Being fit has always been a large part of my life.

I've participated in various sports since I was a kid, and after college I became a long distance runner and began to do more strength training, swimming, and biking. I've participated in an indoor sprint triathlon, various 5k's, a 10k, and a half marathon. I love doing functional strength training, and I'm addicted to kettle bells, battle ropes, and my TRX suspension trainer.

Throughout my entire pregnancy, using various fitness equipment in place of machines allowed me to be at my best so that when I went into labor, I'd be strong enough to make it through my daughter's delivery and be able to resume normal life a bit faster once I came back home. Being as fit as I was has been my saving grace in order to be able to pick up my daughter as well as laundry baskets, groceries, and complete chores, such as taking out the garbage.

While my core strength is getting better, I still have a long way to go, and my hope is to inspire others to make themselves a priority, and make fitness and nutrition a priority, as well as their family. For too long I've seen other people put their kids, spouses, work, and everything else, ahead of themselves, and it never works out for the good. I've struggled putting myself first and taking care of me since delivering my daughter, and I'm done doing so.

I've contemplated starting my own business, primarily online and maybe branch out later on when my daughter's older and I have a bit more flexibility, for women who are pregnant, post pregnant, or are a stay-at-home mom. I currently work in the late afternoons and evenings, when my husband is able to watch our daughter, so I find myself at home a lot and wanting to be active, but am struggling on the days where it's bitterly cold that it's not safe for me to spend long periods of time outside with my daughter.

So after this past week and having to dramatically alter my hours at work due to my daughter "not behaving" in childcare and feeling inspired by a friend, I've decided to stop putting this off and start taking a crack at it. I've been afraid to fail at attempting this endeavor, but I'm done being afraid of what could happen and just try. I believe that this potential business could be good for both me and my family, and I want what's best for the 3 of us. Time for a new me and tackle myself, and my fears, head on.

I'm going after my better.

No comments:

Post a Comment